Hi! You may know me as the gal who wore the KLAHOM sweatshirt/made this charming face on the 2014 Jeopardy! College Championship:
So that’s my main claim to fame. I’m also that gal who livetweets Victorian Gothic fiction when she has the time and inclination (@klahom, get at me).
I do have a life outside quiz shows and being weird on Twitter, promise. I graduated from the University of Oklahoma in May 2015 with a degree in English literature and a sleep deficit I’ll probably be making up till I’m thirty. As of September, I’ll be pursuing my MA in Communication and New Media at McMaster University. Sometimes I play piano, and I’ve also dipped my toes into acting. I’m also an aspiring author. I’ll mainly talk about stories here, whether they’re mine or someone else’s. All my opinions are my own.
Topics on which I fangirl/vent include but are not limited to the following:
- Carmilla (seriously, check it out, I promise you need it in your life)
- Agent Carter (hahahah what season 2), Daredevil, Captain America, and the MCU in general
- Orphan Black
- Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries
- Inspector Lewis
- Star Trek
- Star Wars
- Dark Matter
- Stranger Things
- Jane Austen
- Victorian Gothic everything
Current writing projects:
- A Thousand Worlds – young adult fantasy novel, more info here. I completed the first draft in April 2015, and I’m still editing it.
- Bluebird – young adult sci-fi/thriller/I’ve-watched-way-too-many-Marvel-movies type thing. Currently on its… fifth rewrite? I think? I’ve taken to calling it my trash baby novel.
- the as-of-yet-unofficially-titled League of Gothic Heroines series – in a nutshell, I’m taking underappreciated/underdeveloped/misinterpreted female characters from Victorian Gothic fiction, combining all their original stories into one big Frankencanon, and teaming these ladies up to fight supernatural evil.
Hobbies, aka things I do once in a blue moon when I actually have the time:
- playing piano (though my repertoire is basically a bunch of Ben Folds songs, Linus and Lucy, and Rhapsody in Blue)
- annoying my pets
- making terrible corny jokes and puns (or wait, who am I kidding, I do that all the time)
This is what my face looks like when I’m not Klahoming.
These are my pets.